COMPLAINT: United Airline: Avoid this airline as much as you can

Old May 14, 2010, 4:51 AM

Join Date: May 2010

We booked flight which was assumed to depart from Lincoln NE to Raleigh NC on May 12. The flight was canceled 3 times so far, by the time I'm writing this complaint.
- First on May 12, it was canceled because of 2 different reasons that I just don't know which one is correct. One is air traffic issue, and the other one is weather issue. After a lot of hours talking with UA reps, we got another next day flight operated by Delta.

- Went to the airport on May 13, Delta refused to give us seats because it was overbooked, as they said. It was even worst that Delta asked us to contact back to UA. We had no choice. Talked to UA again and after a long long time of talking, we got another flight again with Delta on early May 14.

- We were given confirmation number and we called Delta to get seats assigned, and found out that the flight on May 14 was canceled AGAIN. According to Delta, the reason is that we did not show up for the flight on May 13. This is extremely BAD because Delta refused us right at the airport when we tried to checked in.

- We're now still talking to UA and still do not know what will be happening next, and when we can touch down in Raleigh to attend our son graduation on May 14 at 6PM.

So I think you get the entire picture now and see how bad that UA is. Avoid UA as much as you can.

Old May 14, 2010, 5:44 AM

Quick update:
- We called UA asking a refund since we decided to book tickets from other airline. A UA rep said that they cannot do the refund because we booked through orbits. They offered some kind of certificat as a refund. Sorry, we don't want to deal with UA any more.
- Then, UA booked another Delta flight on late afternoon May 15 for us. We got the confirmation number, and when calling to Delta, a Delta rep said that they cannot confirm anything and we have to check with UA at the airport. We called back UA and UA said that we had to check with Delta. What game are they playing now? It sounds like the blaming game of BP oil leaking. We still just don't know if we can get to NC by tomorrow or not.

By the way, we also got a voucher from UA, but it's totally NOT worthy because what we need is to be able to attend our son graduation from NC State Univ, not that cheap voucher.
Never go with UA again.
Old May 14, 2010, 11:08 AM

Join Date: May 2010

I think I should update our situation with UA today flight, May 14.
- On late night May 13, we were given confirmation about our flight today 5/14.
- Early May 14, we checked and the flight is changed and we are listed on a bunch of flights that we just don't know which one is the one.
- We called UA and we were hung up by UA representative 2 time so far. Now we're talking to the 3rd UA rep, and just don't know what will happen. Looks like this is the 4th time that our flight is canceled again. I really want to say a big "F" to UA now.
Old May 14, 2010, 3:54 PM

This is outrageous. I think you are entitled to cash compensation for flight cancellations not related to weather.... you should consider talking to the DOT.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:21 AM
Ebouchar Ebouchar is offline

Join Date: Aug 2015

All airlines have their problems on and off, at this moment UNITED AIRLINES has major problems, avoid for a while.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:43 AM
Ebouchar Ebouchar is offline

Join Date: Aug 2015

Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:01 AM
Sotuama Sotuama is offline

Join Date: Nov 2015

I'm sorry that I didn't see this before I fell into the UA trap. Yes avoid them at all costs, take a bicycle or swim