In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Horrible plane, and horrible flight.

Old May 7, 2016, 9:36 AM

Horrible experience.

Flew from SFO to Abudhabi, on the way back to mumbai, by 9.30 am flight of Etihad airways from SFO on 1st May 2016.

We found large no. of people opening bags and adjusting weights. We soon came to know why.

My bag had 300 gms more weight. I was told to pay $99.00 or remove 300 gms from bag. Other airlines will allow you 1 to 3 kg extra. But 300 gms ??? they have set a new record.
We cleared formalities boarded plan. The worlds best airline had deputed an old decrepit 777, with only 34 rows (in this age and time).

The emirates provides you a spacious A 380, state of art plane for entire journey from SFO to Mumbai.

The seats were unimaginably narrow and small. Very little leg space.
The over head luggage compartment accommodated only 2, 21" bag, so I was told to keep by brief case under the seat, cramping the whole place further.

The food that arrived, was the worst food I have tasted. one lunch was served, then a minute sandwich, with some popcorn and ice-cream in
the duration of 16 HOURS non stop flight.

To get this too, you need to be awake, when the crew is near your seat. I saw that if you as much as wink, the crew will move ahead, depriving you of that food too.

There was no space to move at all, lunch was horrible experience, as there was hardly place to eat.

This was worst than the cattle class, this section is called.

I got bodyache, Joint pains and fever during the flight, as it was impossible for non of the 4 passengers in my row to move.

How can this airline which advertises itself as the best airline of the world play truant with its customers ???.

THIS IS POSITIVELY MY LAST JOURNEY ON ETIHAD.

They all need to take trial journeys on Emirates to learn how to pamper their customers.

The irony is that they gave us a spacious 380 brand new double decker ,
for 2.5 hrs flight from Abudhabi to Mumbai.

I am a frequent flyer, but have never experienced such journey,
beginning with opening of luggage and ending up ill.

Milind Redkar
91 9892530748
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
etihad, horrible experience, worst plane