COMPLAINT: refund

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:30 PM
ruchcw2u ruchcw2u is offline

Join Date: Sep 2016

DO NOT EVER TAKE ETIHAD FLIGHT. THEY WILL CANCEL THE FLIGHT AND WILL NEVER REFUND THE MONEY
Confirmation No - HVQMUO
Flight - EY218
Date - 27 July
This flight was cancelled at 10 PM by the airways. I was stranded at airport till 4 AM. The way Etihad staff handled the situation was pathetic. When I called in next morning to get the status of flight, they told me that my new flight is booked from NY to Dublin to Abu Dhabi to Delhi. This trip was very very urgent for me and I couldn't wait that long, hence I asked them to cancel it. I was told by customer support that if you don't turn up, it will be cancelled. I booked another flight from JFK to Delhi on 28th july. When I reached to JFK airport, I visited Etihad desk to get help in this regard and they told me that they can't help me on this, I need to call customer support.
I left for India on 28th July and after coming back, I called Priceline and Etihad both. No one is taking the responsibility and my request is like everyone is just passing the ball. It has been more than 8 weeks and I have spent more than 10 hours on calls but to no avail.
Priceline shrugs off the responsibility as the flight was cancelled by Etihad and unless they refund back to Priceline, they canít refund me back.
Etihad, on the other hand, says that since the ticket was booked by travel agent, they don't hold any responsibility.
Whom should I go to then for my refund? It has been horrible experience for me in last 2 months to get my money.

horrible customer service, no refund

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cannot get my refund Ali Jam Lufthansa Complaints 0 Aug 18, 2016 10:24 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cannot get a refund ksma24 British Airways Complaints 1 Mar 5, 2016 5:06 PM
Reservations Refund madrilegna British Airways Complaints 0 Sep 8, 2015 11:48 AM
Reservations Refund Help charlessouthey American Airlines Complaints 1 Dec 4, 2012 12:20 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked No refund possible? Aundreya Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Jun 19, 2012 1:00 AM