Reservations
COMPLAINT: Not refunding full fare for cancellation

Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:31 AM
arunjp arunjp is offline

Join Date: Dec 2016

Hi All

This is the most inhumane, absurd, unprofessional airlines I have come across and I am sure lot of people have experienced the same.

I am supposed to be travelling to India by Etihad on Dec 18th but due to death of my father-in-law had to travel to India (by a different airline) last month. Hence, as do not have any leave left at work, I requested Etihad to cancel my reservation for Dec 18th and refund me the amount. They said they will charge me $300 for each person to cancel when I paid a premium of $1700 per person to travel to India during this peak season. I'm sure they will get a replacement for my seats but they still want to squeeze money out of me.....what a bunch of inhumane creatures!!

I have given all the documents they requested for like death certificate, birth certificate of my wife (claiming she is the daughter of the person who is dead!!, and marriage certificate claiming that she is my wife!!) but in vain!!

Whom should I contact to get straight with these people as I am based in Australia and do not know??

Please help!!

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Still waiting for Full Refund ABM British Airways Complaints 0 Apr 27, 2016 4:21 AM
Reservations not allowed me to enter full name while booking jithendra Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Feb 11, 2016 8:30 AM
Determining how full a flight was keringo General Discussion 1 Aug 5, 2015 7:27 PM
Customer Service slow, rude in refunding SWA flight cancelled by Hurricane Sandy bwilx67 Southwest Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 24, 2012 2:12 AM
Reservations confirmed flight cancelled(but not full) capoeirista Air Canada Complaints 0 May 28, 2009 9:16 PM