Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Never ever fly etihad again

Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:05 AM

ETIHAD REFUSED TO PUT US ON ANOTHER FLIGHT OT REIMBURSE US FOR WHAT HAPPENED BELOW

PLEASE READ

On the 7th of November we boarded our flight from Frankfurt to Melbourne (Etihad EY 0008) via a connecting flight at Abu Dhabi (Etihad EY 0462). We arrived at Abu Dhabi as scheduled and after an hour or so we made our way to the boarding gate for the connecting flight. The boarding lounge opened and we checked in and waited for the boarding. However, about 45 mins before departure, airport security located us and made us return to other side of the airport to do a security check on our checked in baggage. It took them over an hour to go through their security procedure to find everything was OK and we were free to continue. However we had already missed our connecting flight. Security then assured us that everything would be OK and they would find another flight for us that day. However we waited for over three hours outside their office without any further advice for them. Getting worried, and with my partner anxious and crying I returned to YOUR Etihad information office and WE were told there was another flight (Etihad EY 0460) to Melbourne that night, but nobody had booked us on it. ETIHAD then claimed that Airport security had no power or right to book us on any plane. When I complained and told them of what happened and Etihad should put us on their next flight to Melbourne, they YOU refused arguing we had been a ‘no-show’ for the connecting flight and would have to buy new tickets. This was a COMPLETE LIE on Etihad’s part, because as already stated, we had checked in and were in line and waiting to board when security contacted us. The end result was that we had no choice but to pay for new tickets with what was left of my American Express credit totalling $1914.20 and then we were able to fly home that night on Etihad EY 0460. In short, that was what happened and through no fault of our own we had to pay to get home, AND YOUR COMPANY DENIED US A NEW FLIGHT BASED ON A LIE. WE SHOWED UP MISSED THE FLIGHT THROUGH.NO FAULT OF OUR OWN AND YOU HAD A DUTY OF CARE TO LOOK AFTER YOUR CUSTOMERS ESPECIALLY A MEMBER OF ETIHAD. WHAT A MISERABLE MEAN AIRLINE YOU ARE. I AM NOW GOING TO GO ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND EXPOSE YOUR IMMORAL MEAN ACTIONS, AND NO LONGER USE YOUR AIRLINE AND I WILL ADVISE ALL TO DO THE SAME! Dr Ivan Molloy.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook