General Discussion

For General Airline matters.

Refund not received for cancelled tickets even after 3 months

Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:09 AM
ReddySharmila ReddySharmila is offline

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: India

I have booked tickets with the customer service(American Airlines representative was on call while booking the tickets) on 22nd June 2015. The travel date was for 21st July 2015. After a lot of trouble, we booked the2 way tickets for British Virgin Islands, Beef Island from Mumbai. I could make the payment only through direct bank deposit as the amount was for RS. 124420/- to the below-mentioned bank details provided by the AA customer service rep Mr. Mohineesh Ahuja & Aashish Gosain.

Beneficiary name: American Airlines
Bank Account Number AAINMNIXBN888693****
Amount INR 124420/-

On the day of travel, I couldn't board the plane from Mumbai so I called up American Airlines and spoke to same representatives Mohineesh & Aashish Gosain & decided to cancel the entire travel plan & informed the same to them against their advice of postponing the tour. I was informed that it will take a maximum of 60 days for the refund to reflect.
I have dropped an email with my bank account details to them on 23rd July to go ahead with the cancelation & received a reply of same 60-day time frame as processing time.
Till date, there is no refund processed neither does anyone from the refund department of American Airlines, India bothers to reply back. After so many attempts to reach refund department & I wrote an email to the same representative Mohneesh & he have looped in a member from refund department Ms. Gill.

Whenever I inquire about the status, Ms. Gill has only one thing in answer, 'The amount will reflect in you account soon please follow up with your bank'. They neither provide an exact date nor the amount that is being refunded. I am well aware there will be deductions for cancelation but atleast I should have a clue about what amount am I waiting for & till when.
After 15 days of that reply I followed up with my bank & they have confirmed that no transaction attempt was made. When I emailed Ms.Gill I get the same answer 'The ticket status shows refunded, the amount will reflect in your account soon'.

I would be glad if someone from the Airlines can help me escalate processing this refund as its been way past the turn around time of 60 days and Rs.124420/- is not a small amount to ignore the delay.

Please guide me through this.

Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:03 AM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

What were the terms and conditions for the tickets if they were non refundable, then any left over $$ went to a travel bank for future use. Call AA back, and reference your confirmation and ask if the left over monies were put into a travel bank for future use, and get the number from the travel bank.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:46 AM
ReddySharmila ReddySharmila is offline

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: India

The Airline refund department replied that the refund amount is being credited to my personal bank account which was provided for a refund. Despite of my repeated attempts to know what was the refund $$amount that I am eligible for, they kept saying we can't tell you the amount that will be decided by the refund dept. I find it weird because they dont provide any specific information.

cancelled itinerary, customer care, customer complaint, refund

Customer Service Continental Cancelled my tickets and now won't refund us! nheld22` Customer Service 1 Oct 8, 2011 12:29 AM
Air Arabia: cancelled a flight and refused to refund amount paid for set of tickets puerrtto Other Airline Complaints 2 Apr 8, 2011 4:57 AM
Customer Service 3 months later i received my baggage- and half the things missing tonic123 American Airlines Complaints 5 May 15, 2008 5:11 AM